In-service: 02/12/2022 -The Children Are Blooming! Spring Theme -STEM, Problem Solving & Cognitive Skill Building: 8:30AM-12:30PM Community Connections Auditorium
February 12, 2022
2/12/22 – “ The Children Are Blooming!” Spring Theme -STEM, Problem Solving & Cognitive Skill Building : 8:30A-12:30P – 6 hours credit- Community Connections $30
Successful participants will learn:
- Introduce the concept that like caterpillars to butterflies, students are in a constant state of growth and change.
- Enjoy creating some fun hands-on crafts that help us learn about the seasons and change.
- Explore the world of science, problem solving and STEM with preschoolers.
**The Two Hour Self Study will be on the necessity of Cognitive Skill Building – letting children problem solve, practice and learn on their own*
Location: Community Connections Upstairs Library, 501 Pine Tree Road, Longview, TX. 75604
Please park in second parking lot. Follow signs for main entrance. Go in double doors and go to the second hallway to the Library. Wear comfortable clothes. Bring snacks and drinks if you wish.
Hours: 4 hour face to face with a 2 hour self-instructional study for 6 hours of training
Cost: $30.00 includes snacks
Sorry, no childcare or refunds.
Speaker: Amy Wingfield, M.Ed
Amy has returned to us as a Master Trainer and TECPDS Workshop Presenter. This is Amy’s 30th year in education. Amy strives to serve her community through education and enjoys sharing her experiences and journeys along the way.
Her Early Childhood experience includes:
- Owning her own Registered Family Day Home
- Working as a Client Specialist for CCS
- Pre-K Teacher for East Texas Christian School
- 100+ hours as a volunteer at Longview Regional’s Birthplace
- Over 15 years home-schooling
- M.Ed ESL – SHSU
- B.A.A.S. Child Development – SFA
- Texas Reading Academy
- Reading by Design Dyslexia
- TECPDS Master Trainer #2118
- Texas Certified Teacher EC-6 Generalist /ESL, 4-8 ELAR, All Level SPED
Don’t miss this fun and interactive workshop!
Deadline to register is February 10th , so don’t delay, register today!