Inservice: Part 1 Pre-service Training 10-16-21 Community Connections Room G-5
October 16, 2021
Community Connections- downstairs in G-5
Part 1 Pre-Service Training
Location: Community Connections Upstairs Library, 501 Pine Tree Road, Longview, TX. 75604
Please park in the first parking lot with the CPR sign. Wear comfortable clothes. Please bring your lunch for a working lunch.
Hours: 8 hours face to face 8:30AM-4:30PM
Cost: $40.00 Working lunch- Bring your lunch- Water and snacks provided
Sorry, no childcare or refunds.
This is Part 1 of 3 required Preservice training to work as a teacher in child care.
(Minimum of 10 people to attend for class to be held)
This workshop will satisfy annual face to face training requirements for:
- 2 hours- Recognizing and Preventing Shaken Baby Syndrome ( Abusive Head Trauma)
- 2 hours- Understanding and using safe sleep practices and preventing sudden infant death syndrome (SIDS)
- 2 hours- Understanding early childhood brain development
- 2 hours- Child Abuse Awareness – Maltreatment of a child
Speaker: Amy Wingfield, M.Ed
Amy has returned to us as a Master Trainer and TECPDS Workshop Presenter. This is Amy’s 30th year in education. Amy strives to serve her community through education and enjoys sharing her experiences and journeys along the way.
Her Early Childhood experience includes:
- Owning her own Registered Family Day Home
- Working as a Client Specialist for CCS
- Pre-K Teacher for East Texas Christian School
- 100+ hours as a volunteer at Longview Regional’s Birthplace
- Over 15 years home-schooling
- M.Ed ESL – SHSU
- B.A.A.S. Child Development – SFA
- Texas Reading Academy
- Reading by Design Dyslexia
- TECPDS Master Trainer #2118
- Texas Certified Teacher EC-6 Generalist /ESL, 4-8 ELAR, All Level SPED
Don’t miss this fun and interactive workshop!
Deadline to register is August 2, so don’t delay, register today!