Inservice: “Come One , Come All, It’s Back to School in the Fall!” 8-07-21 Community Connections Library
August 7, 2021
Community Connections- Upstairs library
It’s That time Again!
Let’s Get Ready with Some Fun and Informative Face to Face Training under the Big Top!
August 07, 2021 8:30am – 2:30pm – Come One, Come All, It’s Back to School in the Fall!
Location: Community Connections Upstairs Library, 501 Pine Tree Road, Longview, TX. 75604
Please park in second parking lot. Follow signs for main entrance. Go in double doors and go to the second hallway to the Library. Wear comfortable clothes. Bring snacks and drinks if you wish.
Hours: 6 hour face to face with a 2 hour self-instructional study for 8 hours of training
Cost: $40.00 includes a hot lunch of chili cheese nachos, Frito pie, snacks and dessert
Sorry, no childcare or refunds.
This workshop is designed to make back to school a breeze for teachers and students and give them the tools they need for a successful year using a fun, circus theme!
Successful participants will learn:
- Child Growth & Development including:
- Early brain development
- Physical, cognitive and social- emotional domains of development
- Strategies to assist each child to develop to their full potential using effective teacher interactions
- Strategies to become a responsive caregiver using positive guidance
- Signs, treatment and prevention strategies for SIDS, Shaken Baby Syndrome, Child Abuse Awareness and Abusive Head Trauma
- Fun, circus themed age appropriate songs, crafts and activities to make back to school fun!
This workshop will satisfy annual face to face training requirements for:
- Safe Sleep Practices/SIDS
- Shaken Baby Syndrome
- Early Brain Development
- Abusive Head Trauma
- Child Maltreatment
- Positive Guidance
- Child Growth and Development
- Teacher Child Interaction
- Age-Appropriate Curriculum
The 2 hour Self- Instructional study will cover the following topics:
- Preventing and controlling the spread of communicable diseases, including immunizations and COVID-19 Update
- Preventing and responding to emergencies due to food or an allergic reaction
- Handling, storing, and disposing of hazardous materials
Speaker: Amy Wingfield, M.Ed
Welcome Back Amy Wingfield!
Amy has returned to us as a Master Trainer and TECPDS Workshop Presenter. This is Amy’s 30th year in education. Amy strives to serve her community through education and enjoys sharing her experiences and journeys along the way.
Her Early Childhood experience includes:
- Owning her own Registered Family Day Home
- Working as a Client Specialist for CCS
- Pre-K Teacher for East Texas Christian School
- 100+ hours as a volunteer at Longview Regional’s Birthplace
- Over 15 years home-schooling
- M.Ed ESL – SHSU
- B.A.A.S. Child Development – SFA
- Texas Reading Academy
- Reading by Design Dyslexia
- TECPDS Master Trainer #2118
- Texas Certified Teacher EC-6 Generalist /ESL, 4-8 ELAR, All Level SPED
Don’t miss this fun and interactive workshop!
Deadline to register is August 2, so don’t delay, register today!